21 March 2012

Parents. We Lose Time Somewhere Between Inactivity and Chaos.

Breakfast in Bed. If only all of us are so lucky.  
Parenthood has me lurching between states of inactivity and chaos. I'm sure people in the know will agree that any blissful state with the bundle of joy soon evaporates. You'd be more likely caught in a whirlwind of work, boredom, loneliess, and then instances of self-doubt. And then your notions of 'little luxuries' change - they become littler indeed. Don't forget the washing up and cleaning of the oil spills you have to do afterward. Do you find time has been travelling faster since children? Maybe I've been dwelling less on myself. Or is it because there's no downtime to act as a marker of your efforts? How do you slow it down? Is it with a Girls Night Out? When do you have time for yourself?

Links


-- 
The Associate Woman | The WA 6000 Daily | The Anti-Bully Paper | SuperParents on FB 
To receive updates on all SuperParents events go to subscribe.SuperParents.com.au

3 comments:

  1. I "make" time, Colin. I schedule time for myself in the daily set up of things to do. I tell the kids that I'm investing into their future by making sure that I do the best that I can to keep me healthy. That concept is true.. because my mind/spirit/body needs some "me" time. Of course I balance it with all of the other needs, and sometimes I have to sacrifice this or that in order to make all ends meet, but usually, I can get everything done that I wanted to do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every now and again there's a GNO, but they tend to be few and far between. To tell you the truth, blogging is my little luxury. I'm sitting here right now tapping away on my iPad with a coffee beside me, as my 3 boys run, wrestle and fight with each other. I'm ignoring them for 5 minutes. Hopefully there will be no serious injuries!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've always thought that it should be balanced - taking care of the kids doesn't mean that you mutually exclude your own needs. But when there's housework beckoning, small children to keep alive and if there's no support, it becomes extremely difficult, doesn't it? I know it's getting easier to have some personal time as my children grow, but yes ... I'm going to grab on to those little luxuries where I can. :-)

    ReplyDelete