09 October 2011

Shaking the Tree

There is this 24 hour prata store in Singapore I eat at whenever I visit.


The pratas are super crispy on the outside, chewy on the inside, and totally aromatic.

It's so good I'm hardly bothered by their hygiene standards, of the open drain just an arm's length from where we're sitting or the greasy surfaces the bread festers on. Or for that matter, the constantly heated curry dipping gravy that goes so well with the fried bread.

Bugs like that don't bother me. Viruses however ... trojan viruses specifically, have brought me to my knees. They've hit my blog 5 times this year, and have brought WordPress crashing down. And each time it's taken me the an inordinate amount of sweat and effort to get the platform up and running again. Now, I'm not surrendering, I'm just going to catch my breath and regroup a little.

While I'm trying to figure out how to make this work without too much effort, I'm discovering that it's kinda fun shaking the tree and starting up again. Join me, won't you?

-- 
The Associate Woman | The WA 6000 Daily | The Anti-Bully Paper | SuperParents on FB 
To receive updates on all SuperParents events go to subscribe.SuperParents.com.au

8 comments:

  1. Yay, Colin, welcome to Blogger, which has it's own bugs! I look forward to reading on...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Colin! I think you just deterred me from switching to wordpress eek! looking fwd to seeing your new blog up and running.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Sarah - There are huge benefits with WordPress that I am already missing. You've got to make the right call for yourself. But yeah, it's good to be working on a brand new blog!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Bron. Lovely to see another WA blogger here! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh no! I use wp firewall 2, I think it works.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've used that, I've used Defender, I've reduced my plugins, I backup, and I even floss!

    ReplyDelete