07 November 2011

What's a Good Man?

We've left Paris, and are in Normandy on our way to the Loire Valley.

Stained glass at St Etienne de Eglise where William the Conquerer lies

We've found ourselves at a beautiful bed and breakfast, within walking distance of a church housing the tomb of William the Conquerer.

William, my son, was interested to know whether William the Conquerer was a good man. I'm not sure that I'll be finding those answers in Wikipedia.

William was in fact asking just the other day whether I was the 'leader' of the family, the 'Alpha male.' I told him that I'm not your typical alpha, and in fact it's hard to peg me into a box like that. Since becoming a house husband, I've found great pleasure being the primary care-giver, the driver, a teacher, coach, and mentor. I've not really asked myself what I would have to do to become a great father. Wouldn't that just do your head in?

Do real people even think like that?

Just hanging with the kids in our apartment in Paris

Instead, my wife and I constantly look at what the children need and try to guess where we need to take them.

Again, not something you'd find in Wikipedia.

Colin
-- 
The Associate Woman | The WA 6000 Daily | The Anti-Bully Paper | SuperParents on FB 
To receive updates on all SuperParents events go to subscribe.SuperParents.com.au

No comments:

Post a Comment